It’s July and the temperature is rising each day. On hot Summer days, I love to enjoy a delicious healthy cold smoothie drink. Okay so I admit, I use to spend money everyday at either Starbucks, those cute little corner cafes or one of the many fruit trucks in Philly on a smoothie drink.
Honestly, I don’t mind once in awhile to treat myself, but then it started getting too expensive on a weekly basis. Another thing that gets to me is that most places add loads of additional sugar to their smoothie drinks.
Why are you adding extra sugar when most fruits have natural sugar already? It takes away the aspect of it being healthy and now it’s unhealthy. So I just decided to start preparing my own smoothies at home. Not only is it more healthier, but I make more of it.
Kiki’s Strawberry Banana Vanilla Oats Smoothie (About two servings and the prep time is about 5 minutes)
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk (Not unsweetened)
- 2 Cups of strawberries
- 1 Fresh peeled banana1/2 Cup of rolled oats
- 1 Scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup of ice (optional)
- Add all the ingredients (vanilla almond milk, strawberries , banana, rolled oats and the vanilla protein powder, which is optional) to the blender and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie comes out too thick, add more vanilla almond milk. If the smoothie comes out too thin, add more strawberries or bananas