I can’t believe it’s about that time once again to write the year in review of twenty eighteen. It felt like yesterday I was at the same position last year writing the review for twenty seventeen. Wow time does certainly fly! So what can I say about the year twenty eighteen? If I had to briefly summarize 2018 in one word, it would be interesting. I say this because the year was great overall, but it did throw me some unexpected life curves at the same time. I’m happy to report that I did successfully reach many of my goals I set for myself at the start of the year.
Just a few highlights…
- Graduated in May 2018. Finally graduated from Temple University earning my degree. I must say that it was one of the most proudest moments in my life. All the late night studying, essay writing and hard work was sure worth tassel. I’m sending a big shout out to all the graduates of 2018! We are the bomb because we worked so hard to become successful this year.
- Started a new career. I started a new career a little after graduation that offered a much better package than my previous job. The prior company I was with is so crappy, I was happy that I was able to move on to something a better.
- I got better with managing my money. So I finally got the hang of how to manage my money by saving and investing toward the important things in my future. As I’m getting older, I feel like this is top priority. It was just last year when I was spending money like crazy not even thinking about a 401(k) retirement plan.
What lessons have I’ve learned in 2018…
- Friends that carry negative energy and anger, it’s time to end the friendship. I want to share a brief story about a friend I’ve known since high school. She was basically like a sister to me and it’s really a shame that I had to end our friendship for the simple fact that she wasn’t good for my well-being. I choose to live my life with no drama, but she carried some sort of anger over the years that turned her into a negative person. Throughout our friendship, she would say things out of jealousy. So I decided to let her go and wish her well in life. A true friend doesn’t tear you down or make you always having to explain yourself all the time.
- Don’t be afraid to try out something new. 2018 has taught me to take chances and not being afraid to try out something new. One thing I had a chance to try out was experiencing French cuisine, something I have never even thought about trying out before. Another thing was learning new languages. I’m currently in the process of learning how to speak Spanish and French just for fun.
- The importance of self-care. In this stressful world we live in, I learned that self-care mentally and spirituality is so important. It’s quite easy to get caught up in the problems in society. Any personal time I had to myself, I would take advantage of it by listening to music (smooth jazz preferably) and engaging in spa facials.
What I look forward to in 2019…
- The blog upgrade. I’m excited to finally upgrade the blog. I like WordPress for the simple fact that it is an easy platform to use, but I’ve been blogging for quite some time now and ready to take my baby to the next level. I want Kiki Style Diary to look more presentable and professional for you guys. I honestly can’t wait!
- Hoping to get my chance to become a runway reporter with a great online magazine. This was suppose to be a secret, but I can tell you guys just a little something. It’s not quite definite, but it’s something that’s in the works. I will definitely let you know as time goes on.
- More Traveling. Now that I’m completely done with college, I want to travel more. I’m not sure where I would like to visit, but I have so many things on my bucket list. It was really hard to travel around when I was in college. Now that I’m free from all that studying, let’s see where my curiosity takes me.
What are your 2018 highlights and what are you looking forward to in 2019?
I wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year! See you in 2019 where the fun continues.