I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! My weekend was pretty much relaxing. I’m so excited to share one of my many favorite DIY beauty treat just in time for the upcoming summer, which is the vanilla lip gloss. One reason why I enjoy making this lip gloss is because it’s super easy to create. Most of the ingredients you can find at your local supermarket. I got most of my ingredients at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and Walmart.
Another reason why I enjoy creating this lip gloss is because of the delicious vanilla scent, as it reminds me of a vanilla ice cream cone from Mister Softee. In this lip gloss, I use pure vanilla extract, but if you want you can use a vanilla-flavored oil as an alternative option.
I also use vitamin E oil and coconut oil in the lip gloss to keep your lips soft and conditioned. The Vitamin E oil I naturally had lying around the house because I use it for my skin, which is excellent for renewing skin’s softness. The coconut oil packets I got from Trader Joe’s, which are super convenient to use when I travel. You get a nice amount of packets for only $3.99, which is super cheap. I use these packets as part of my beauty needs. So let me show you how I make this delicious vanilla lip gloss, which is super easy.
- 1 teaspoon of beeswax
- 1/8 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract or vanilla-flavored oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Small clean lip balm container
- First, grab a microwave-safe container and put the 1 teaspoon beeswax, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and 1/8 vitamin E oil on low heat between 1-2 minutes or until beeswax is melted. You can also do this over the stove by placing all three ingredients (beeswax, coconut oil and vitamin E oil) in a saucepan. It’s totally up to you.
- Next, add the 1/8 pure vanilla extract or vanilla-flavored oil and stir into the mixture until it’s well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a small clean lip balm container and let it completely cool off.
- Once it’s finally cooled off, spread the lip gloss over your lips and enjoy!
I hope you guys have fun making this fun DIY vanilla lip gloss. This would be perfect addition to any gifts for birthdays, weddings, graduations, or stocking stuffers.