So we are finally in the mix of Spring….woo hoo! I don’t know about you guys, but for me the Winter so seems long. As I mentioned before, I am more of a warm climate kind of girl. I love wearing less layers. Lately it has not been feeling like Spring as temperatures in Philly were like in the 80’s this week and it felt like we literally skipped over Spring and jumped right into Summer.
For the first time in such a while, I rocked my sandals. I can’t tell you guys how happy I was because for the simple fact that I was so ready to retire my Winter boots a long time ago. Throughout the Winter, I have been taking care of my skin including my feet. I have been giving myself treatments in order to keep my feet healthy all year long.
I’m excited to share this awesome foot soak recipe on the blog I created and use to pamper my feet during the Winter months. It consists of lavender mixed with lemon. I would do this routine at least twice a month for at least an hour. A foot pampering session at home at least twice a month will help soften your feet and to help boost the circulation. It’s not too late to get into this routine. You can start to pep your feet before the start of Summer or anytime you wish, which is totally up to you. Let’s get into it…….
- 30ml/ 2 tbsp of dried lavender
- 15g/ ½ oz of dried lemon verbena
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 30ml/ 2 tbsp of cider vinegar
- Mix both the dried lavender and lemon verbena into a basin and pour enough hot water to cover your feet entirely.
- After the water has cooled off, add the lavender essential oil and cider vinegar.
- Immerse you feet in the basin for at least 20 minutes.
- Dry your feet throughly afterwards and moisturize.