Happy Monday! I hope you guys had a great weekend. As for me, it was basically a relaxing weekend full of catching up on the latest TV shows and getting glammed up for the upcoming week. During my free weekends when I absolutely have nothing to do, I like to engage in my own little spa life at home such as giving myself homemade spa facials and in addition to doing a mani and a pedi of course! I usually find an area somewhere in my house and just set up a spa-like environment with scented candles and a music playlist.
I love doing homemade spa facials because for one thing, it’s a lot cheaper in my pockets than going to an expensive spa. I don’t mind treating myself once in a while to the spa, but as a college student I have to watch my budget and be smart about my spending. The second thing is that I know what ingredients that I’m using on my face, which are basically all natural stuff. I have sensitive skin as I break out easily, so I have to be careful about what I use. Since I have been using homemade facial masks, my face has improved looking so much better removing the fine lines and small breakouts.
In addition to the facials, I drink detox tea at least 2-3 times a week. Yogi has a good detox tea in their collection called “Berry Detox” and works well in getting out all the toxins in the body. Here are my favorite top five spa facial masks to try at home. And guess what guys? These facial mask recipes are super easy! Even if you never even created a homemade facial mask before, it’s pretty simple. So let’s get to it shall we?
Sweet Honey Mask
- Directions: Take pure honey straight from the bottle and add it to your entire face and neck. Keep this on your face and neck for about 15-20 minutes then afterwards rinse with only warm water.
- Benefits: The antibacterial properties in honey helps to fight acne breakouts. In addition, it slows down the aging process and prevents wrinkles. Honey is considered an effective moisturizer that retains moisture making your face glow.
Banana Magic Mask
- Directions: Take a ripe banana and mash it up along with adding a little honey to make a soft pulp.
- Benefits: The banana and honey mix together helps to deeply hydrate your face as it gives that enhancing natural glow for a noticeable better complexion.
Refreshing Tomato Mask
- Directions: Take a ripe tomato and mash it up. Take the mash-up tomato mix and apply it on the face for about 20 minutes. Afterwards, rinse off with only warm water, not hot water. This is the perfect mask for someone has oily skin.
- Benefits: The tomato helps to diminish the pigmentation marks on the skin while assisting in helping to improve the complexion.
Oatmeal Cleansing Mask
- Directions: In a blender, add 1 cup of oatmeal, 4 drops of almond oil, 1/2 cup of milk and 1 egg white and blend it all together. Then apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for about 25 minutes then rinse off.
- Benefits: Your face will feel smooth and also the mask is great in removing dead skin cells and black heads.
Avocado Hydrating Mask
- Directions: Take the avocado and mash it up in addition of adding some plain yogurt, honey, two teaspoons of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix everything all together until it forms into a paste mixture. Then apply the mixture to your face and leave on for about 20 minutes
- Benefits: It’s great for the softening and smoothing the skin really well.
So these are my favorite top five spa facials that you can easily do in the comfort of your own home. You don’t need to spend a lot to get a gorgeous glowing complexion. If you start using any of these masks on a consistent basis, trust me you will see some noticeable improvement on your skin. If you want, you can grab your girlfriends one night to make it a girls night in with doing spa facials, sipping on tea followed by a mani and pedi.
What facial mask have you tried? Let me know what you think? I always love hearing your thoughts.